So for me, missing two months of church is odd. Granted, I did work every other Sunday for over two years, which is partly the reason I'm okay with not attending church for now. The other reason is that it is likely many other families have the "a cold is not justification for missing church" attitude. I figure we'll be sick often enough once we start day care, so why share germs earlier than necessary?
I do know that missing church is not good for me spiritually. I lose focus easily, and a weekly reminder of truth is helpful. Thankfully, the internet gives access to thousands of churches, so Ladybug and I have our own "church time" while the Guardian saves our spot in the pew. I chose to return to one of our favorite churches, Grace Pres in Cookeville. My only wish is that they would put the entire service online; I really miss their singing!
Now for some advantages of online church.
- You're never late.
- No one ever sits in your pew, except the dog, who can be pushed out of it.
- You don't miss any points if you have to use the restroom; that's what pause is for.
- You can wear your pj's.
- You can breastfeed or pump without being discreet.
- Your screaming child disturbs no one. That's what the volume is for.
- When a poop blowout occurs, you can use the handy pause button again.
- When your coffee gets cold, yep... love that pause button!
- When you have a mommy-brain moment and can't for the life of you find Psalms... pause button to the rescue!