Monday, May 18, 2015

One Year...


One year... 
All our earthly belongings spread between friends' garages and horse trailers and a motel room.
Struggling between anger, despair, excitement, and confidence. 


 I thought I was moving toward forgiveness.  It's a process.  Amazingly in a town this small, I had not seen the cause of all this chaos in these pictures since he stormed out the door yelling.  When I saw him this weekend at a book sale, my heart rate skyrocketed and my chest tightened in a way I've not felt since leaving that house.   Fear was illogical, yet it wasn't really anger I felt.  Was it because of a lack of forgiveness?  Was it essentially PTSD taking over? Will I ever be able to see him and not have a fight or flight response?


What I do know for sure is that God provides, as the pictures for tomorrow remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment