Friday, October 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Laundry

I did laundry today.

It was wonderful.

Wow, now how often do you hear that said?

You have to understand... I have been without a washer and dryer of my own for two months.  Two very long months.  Months of toting the laundry through the alley to the laundromat.  Months of quarters.  Months of trying to remember which machine actually works efficiently.

I had taken my own in house washer and dryer for granted.  I hated laundry.  But I had it easy.

Now... I don't enjoy it, really. But, I look at those machines, and have three thoughts. After this week, the first is, at least I'm not in a puddle or riverbank beating my clothes with a stick.  The second is, these two machines are evidence that God answers prayers, even for washers and dryers.  And the third... Will I ever get caught up, cause this family makes a lot of laundry!

Stop

Written as part of a community of bloggers who gather each Friday at Lisa Jo's blog to write, without obsessing over perfection, just letting thoughts flow from a single word prompt.  Come join us!

3 comments:

  1. a gentle reminder to count our blessings. thank you for sharing, Stephanie. I hope your dread of laundry dissipates soon and you come back to a place where laundry is a reminder of God's goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful for the answer to prayer. Having the machine is wonderful! You will eventually get passed the mounds of laundry. I know play Christian music during my folding and I pray. My oldest is in college and my youngest is in high school. Pray. Love. Fold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I'm stopping by from FMF. Love your style of writing... easy and carefree. And thanks for the reminder that God does care about things like washers & dryers. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete