Friday, July 26, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Broken

Broken

Wow... I'll admit I had to walk away from this one when I first saw it at 1am.

Broken and beautiful... that's how we're supposed to be, right?  Broken by the weight of sin, but beautiful in the grace of God.

Not everything that's broken is beautiful.  Sometimes it's ugly.  Really ugly.  Ugly to the point that you don't think it can ever be repaired.  Broken so badly that you just want to throw it out, toss it in the garbage heap, turn your back on it and walk away, saying "I didn't need it anyway."

I find myself moving 30 hours away from the brokenness.  But yet, it will follow me.  Because its brokenness has affected me.  It will always affect me.  I may say "I don't need it.  I can do without it.  I've managed this long without, right?"  But it will always be a part of who I am.

Yet, nothing is beyond the grace of God.  Nothing is beyond His repair.  He heals the brokenhearted.  He has the power to heal broken relationships.  He has the power to take what we look at and say "there's no hope for that, it's shattered into too many pieces," and make it whole again.

Am I willing to trust Him to do that?  Not only am I willing to trust Him to mend the broken, but am I willing to trust Him to put me back in the midst of the broken?  Am I willing to maybe take one step and apply just a little glue, to one area?  Am I willing to trust that He won't cause me to be broken, shattered, into a million pieces yet again?  Am I willing to trust that if He does allow me to be broken yet again, it is for a greater purpose?

Stop.

This is written as part of a community of bloggers who spend five minutes just writing from their hearts about a single word prompt.  This week's Five Minute Friday is being held on Facebook due to Lisa-Jo's blog being overwhelmed thanks to an awesome post she wrote this last week, which I wholeheartedly agree with!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes embracing that brokenness lets His grace shine brighter in our lives. Thanks for sharing your heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. It's so hard to let go, trust, or just let God do his thing. Especially if you're Type A like me, or just have issues. I have said before to friends, ' i know it's God refining us during this time, but why does the period of refining have to hurt so much?'. But we know that a ways down the line we will look back and it will be worth it, or at least make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment love! I agree with your statement that Brokenness isn't beautiful. I think it IS down right ugly. However, I think God can and will bring beauty from the ashes if we are willing to stop rolling around in them long enough for him to rebuild them! lol Great to get to stop by:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post! Thanks for visiting my blog. Your blog makes me feel like we'd be BFFs. :)

    ReplyDelete