Wednesday, April 17, 2013

You asked for it.

Well, some of you did.  I've been told more than once this year I need to start a blog.  This was actually started over two years ago, simply as a creative outlet.  I used to enjoy writing, especially in college on my Xanga blog.  I like putting my thoughts down by keyboard, somehow making them seem more organized and logical.  I also enjoy going back and reading what I've said, whether 5 minutes ago or a year ago.  It brings me greater clarity and better perspective on my life, as well as providing amusement at times. 

I've gone through and removed some of the more emotionally graphic posts, the ones giving details of what exactly has happened in my life in the last few years.  I sometimes used this as a journal, knowing very few people ever saw this and even fewer actually knew me or my family.  But with the decision to make this more public also comes a responsibility to guard what is said.  I did not remove offensive posts.  Some of my beliefs and opinions are offensive.  If they bother you, stop reading them and find someone with whom you agree.  Or broaden your mind and consider what is written.  What I say on here has been thought through, read more than once, and deemed appropriate. 

Alright, with those disclaimers aside... here are a few more.  =)  I'm a relatively boring person.  My life at this stage consists of diapers, sippy cups, bottles, rice cereal, blocks, Mud Pie For Mother, and the newest exciting development, crayons!  I try to read something on an adult level at least a few times a week, although thanks to this move my Truman next to the air mattress has a layer of dust and cobwebs that have fallen from the recently swiffered walls.  Drudge is my usual source of news, supplemented by my husband, the Mechanic.  The TV shows I watch most often are Yo Gabba Gabba, I Love Lucy, and the Andy Griffith show,  although I also enjoy Psych and Once Upon a Time, as well as another show I don't dare mention because it is not exactly a smiled upon show.  It is my vice.  Some of you know what I'm talking about.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, you probably haven't been around me lately and don't need to know.  

So that's the introduction to this new public phase of my blog.  Why anyone would want to read what I write I'm really not sure.  But perhaps the thought that someone might actually read this will cause me to use my brain a little more often.  My brain is about as out of shape as the rest of my body, which means the muscles that are necessary right now, the child carrying muscles, are well developed, while any other muscle is nothing but flab with a thick layer of fat.  Perhaps now would also be a good time to mention that I am a nurse and so I have no sense of appropriate dinner conversation anymore. 

Enjoy.  Ignore.  Laugh at.  Question.  And if I don't post on Facebook as often, it's because I'm here.  =)

2 comments:

  1. Tell me you saved the "emotionally graphic posts" somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I simply reverted them to drafts until I can figure out if there's a privacy setting for individual posts. They gave information about what happened that I have chosen to not tell others with very few exceptions. That discretion falls under the "honor your father and mother" commandment.

    ReplyDelete