Friday, May 11, 2012

18 weeks to go...

Over half-way there... it's hard to believe!  This pregnancy seems to have gone by so much faster than with Ladybug.  Not having the 24/7 nausea helped, I think, plus being distracted by Ladybug instead of dragging myself to work every day.

So far things are stable.  Still have the low lying placenta, still have the subchorionic hemorrhage, sugars are slowly starting to creep up.  But, I feel her move every evening while I'm still and reading in bed, which is reassuring.  We'll see how she does tonight; I sort of overdid it on our walk today.  Well not sort of... definitely.  I got ambitious and decided to not just go to the library, but another block to the bakery.  No biggie.  Then I spotted a yard sale, so we went to check that out... found a couple cute Christmas things.  Then I made my mistake.  I knew that street was blocked off from cars at the top of the hill, but I thought sure I could get by.  Just thought I might need to go into a yard for a couple yards.

Yeah... right.  They felt the need to put the guard rail across the entire road.  No room for even a pedestrian to squeeze by.  And the "yard" next to it was an extremely steep hill.  I thought I might be able to climb over the guard rail and collapse the stroller and push it under the rail.  Nope.  Not only was my basket full of library books and donut holes so the stroller wouldn't collapse fully, Ladybug had fallen asleep.  And that guard rail was higher than my waist; there was no way I could climb over it while holding Ladybug.  If she'd been awake I would have just sat her down while I got the stroller across but I was not going to lay her on concrete.  So I finally gave up and walked back down the hill.  I didn't want to cut through the parking lots again in the bright sun, so I thought I'd cut through the neighborhood streets.  Next bad decision.  Part of this town's name is "Hill" for a reason.  Holy cow.  Steep hill.  Long hill.  No shade.  And that's one heavy stroller!

Next time, I'll just walk back through the parking lots.  At least until I'm by myself and don't have another life depending on my heart beating!

No comments:

Post a Comment