Friday, August 12, 2011

It is the eve of my first baby shower for my first child... and one of her grandmothers will not be there.

It is part of adulthood to handle difficult and awkward situations. I fear tomorrow may hold some of those. After all, I made my guest list with my mom especially in mind, in hopes of giving her an enjoyable afternoon with people she's not seen in a while. And I'm sure there will be some raised eyebrows when they realize she's not there.

Some may have already talked to my parents and received their side of a very ugly story. My character may very well be defamed and my name become a black mark in my parents contacts.

I do regret that this happened, especially with this timing. I can't help but wonder, why now? And I have no answer to that. Except that God is in control of all things, all times, all actions. And nothing that occurs happens without him allowing it. And everything will work for the good of those who love God and are called for his purpose.

So I pray His blessings on the little one moving and bumping around inside of me, and beg for His mercy on me, that she and I may never go through such a black time as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment